Saturday, February 11, 2017

God's prayer to God



Life and death are in the power of the tongue they say
Tears and laughter, waging hard with anger, yet you never come
Treachery, pain, cursing and sin are before me and yet the day still beyond me
Where is he? Where is he and his chariot of flame to bring forth redemption?
The day of glory precedes the day of the damned
I hope my words will bring the damned today

I have been waiting for thousands of years and my brothers have been waiting longer
Over the earth we war, sowing the seed of confusion and plunder
In many we dim the light. They see, but are blind – they hear, but are deaf
There is more to existence than this, yet these puny souls believe they know it all
Where are you?

They talk of me like they talk of you
I grow weary of them claiming knowledge of you, coming up with stories of inbreed
And a cross of three so gloom
When are you coming?

I with my brothers believe we are above the wretch of souls beneath my feet
We watch as greed turns to religion and hope to delusion
Or are we like them, the lost?
Are there some above us, looking down at us?
Wondering how foolish we are as we toy with these souls thinking we are above them.

Are we the true demons they fear?
For they look to us as one, the genesis of hope
I look into the cosmos and wonder, are we?
Are you still coming or am I just another fool?
Like the ones before me, who will sacrifice happiness for morals
Leave behind adventure for aura
Even the ones who claim they know better seeking happiness and adventure are bound by principles
Where are you? I grow weary of waiting.



picture by pixabay from pexels.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment