Sunday, December 31, 2017

Crossover



I'm standing and looking, it is December thirty and one
Almost the time to crossover to a new year of merry and rum
But still I see many marching down in pennies
All dressed up for the go, one last time for them to know

That God cares

He sits alone in heaven and missing their praises
He can't wait to welcome all and forgive their faces
They all seem so glee, believing today is the day
Of Wonder and miracle to wipe all their pain

It is almost eleven-thirty and I see many praying
casting and binding, jumping while praising
I sit and wonder why they are all so glee
Giddy and happy about this miserable three

If he didn't ease your pain the last 364
What makes today so different from his daily rapport?
Close your eyes and pray, but waiting over the hour
Are all your debts, saddened missed chances and old Mrs. Prowler

Why bother, if he is there today should not matter
Why not stay home and enjoy a cold shower?
I for one will be wanking into the year
Listening to Tim Minchin blazing ear to ear

A reboot of Christopher Hitchens and Dawkins will be read
While y'all be gucking and singing with cheers
The only sad thing about my New Year crossover with chores
Is that you are with friends and I wish I was with whores

Before you ask why am not with the whores
Look to your left, they are holding your hand in chorus




Note:
Whore here means PROSTITUTE.

picture by Pixabay from pexels.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment