Monday, June 5, 2017

Cliff Edge End




I always thought I was strong
Able to control every thought

Always thought I could be sound
In the rage of his hounds

It never crossed my mind of this day
I will stand happy, yet dismay

I have given up sanity
Thrown away tranquility to be here

Here he goes, screaming and knocking again
Yet I continue, stoned towards the edge

There is no turning back now
I have gone too far, far down south

I reach the edge craving the me that was dead
Every moment after this will be one I won't miss

I wish I can turn back the clock and walk away
Instead of being here alone in the dark at 3:08

The screams, the bangs and crying followed
As I drive his car ignoring the gapping hallows

I didn't think this through
How I will never be me after this

Why did I let go of me and cling on to this?
The screams, the bangs I need them to stop

I reached the edge
I get out to push, stopping as it starts

Off it goes, slowly down with a loud sound, it births fire
A cloud of explosion from his car wakes the night

I hear him scream one more time
Knowing it will haunt me forever

Dear Boss, farewell
may you burn some more in hell



picture by Caio from pexel.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment