Sunday, August 13, 2017

Drowning



There's nothing left to hope, not another
Each seed is there rotting to a different color
Then from the window I saw and felt so light
Lighter than the bud could get me or the bottle that was empty
The sight of you had me cramped until I walked up and said hi

Each night was me and you remember
I could watch and listen to you be, forever
Then one day life came and made me an offer
One to which I refused, as no dawn or dream is worth being without you

Remember each day we count down to the day we get made
I never felt so good
Recall each May, we celebrate the day we began this thing called me and you
Now it's getting late and only beeps are left to stay
I'm back to the rotting hopes on the shelf

I'm reaching wide to grab a good tomorrow
hoping that hope will spare me the sorrow
The flight I felt when with you, cannot be drowned by the buds and drinks

I'm starting to see there's no turning back
They want to end the beeps and put your heart in a bag
Now it will beat in the chest of another, it is time I say goodbye to my lover

But can you hear my voice and recall the days we have spent, each time
The dancing in the fields and the bad lyrics we filled each night sky
The jumping and the pool, the walks with the moon
How can I get through life with no you

I'm joining you on this climb to forever, it will be you and I
There's no point waiting for the rainbow after the rain has stopped its yawn
We were meant to be forever and we are going to be together
I'm taking this leap knowing I can't swim, it will not be long

With this leap I have made, I stare in amaze as I sink with no struggle
Getting closer to you by each bubble I see a light... deep in the hustle
It is you with your smile, in yours I will drown. What a pretty sight to end this struggle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment