Tuesday, March 21, 2017

My Temple of Life




There’s fate
Whose job is to let me know when you’re down and need my presence
Even though words won’t uplift, my presence will always be found
Found silent right next to you

I still get the chills each time you look my way
My presence shrinks and I start to cave
The thoughts that send my heart racing
Are thoughts of us lying together face to face

You’re the reason I’m not dying inside
Before you there was no point to this life
You’ve added the reason to be alive
Even if that reason is to sit silently by your side

When you are reckless, I will be the brake for you
When the world turns on you, I’ll be your break from the storm
If it’s tempting, I will make the jump beside you
I’ll never let you drown alone in your tears

0 comments:

Post a Comment